Thursday, September 16, 2010

Chapter 109

109
THE WATERGATE HOTEL, WASHINGTON, D.C.

It seemed as though years had passed since His visit to the President. Juan had jokingly insisted that they must return to Hernando's for another hair cut if they intended to look decent when the girls returned. Of course, Hernando's had been left a pile of rubble by their last haircut excursion. Santos had bought him a nice new building with a rental to one side for, who would guess, Dottie.

Finally, the private line cell phone rang. Startled from an afternoon nap, Beatrice suddenly squawked, "NICOLE AND BRENDA ARE THE BEST! NICOLE AND BRENDA ARE THE BEST!" Her exclamation in turn awoke Juan who had remained generally faithful to his island habit of an afternoon nap as well. The fact that Jesus was on the balcony gave him an opportunity to use his English.

"Hello, I'm Juan." he spoke uncertainly into the cell phone.

"Juan! It's Brenda!"

"I am very well thank you, Brenda." he replied in perfect school boy voice.

"I want to talk to Jesus, please." the obviously smiling voice returned.

By the time this amount of conversation had passed, Juan and the cell phone were standing before Jesus. "It's Brenda on the telephone, Jesus."

Jesus anxiously took the phone from His friend. "Brenda! It is so very nice to hear your voice! Where are you?"

"All of us are back at Andrews right now. Well, we're still waiting on Peter, but he is supposed to arrive this afternoon. They told us that we are to be permanently assigned to You as Military Affairs staff. Do You know anything about that? None of us has a clue."

"Don't worry about anything. President Haskill took care of it for Me. It will be your jobs to keep war from accidentally breaking out between heaven and earth. Think you can handle it?" Jesus laughed.

"I can tell you that there was some heavy brass jumpin' around to get me out of where I was and into here. I'm standing in a Air Force Colonel's office, alone, with the door closed right now. Jesus, they asked me to call You." Brenda Teal related nervously. "As far as President Haskill goes, I wouldn't want to trust him too much."

Still laughing, Jesus answered. "I think he's had a minor change in spirit, maybe even a mild repentance. But I emphasize 'mild'. I think he's a little worried about My helping him make good decisions."

"What should we do now? Do You want us to come to the Watergate? Are we going to need military quarters? No one here seems to know anything, but they are all afraid to have the wrong answer!" Brenda asked.

"I would love for you to come to the Watergate. I'll have operations send a couple of limos out to get you. Meanwhile, I'll get busy here. I need to get the Secret Service busy preparing quarters and office space on the next floor down." Jesus was still smiling.

"Do You think the hotel will have a problem with that? I read in the papers that they were trying to throw You out." Brenda asked.

"That's pretty much over. I bought the hotel. After that they all think that any idea I have is a great idea. I'm sure they will think this is a great idea, too." Jesus added, "I am so very glad to hear your voice. I am happy that you are in Washington and that you are going to come here. All of you can stay in the Penthouse until your own space is ready. Watch for the limos. Don't let them leave Peter stranded, and I'll see you for dinner tonight!"